Wednesday 6 October 2010

Chaos flyer... week one

My inspiration and reasearch.


Pile of scrap metal.
-Steven Errico





  
I really like the messiness of this photograph. I like the monochrome  way it has adopted. I would use this and keep the colour in my photographs muted this has inspired me to do so. However I like that the photographs aren’t to muted and there is an injection of colour with the red. I shall try to do this in my pictures.  I also admire the way that there may be a story of why all these wires and metal have just been dumped in this way. It’s really simple but with an inexplicit meaning maybe. However it could just be a piece of scrap metal or someone taking a computer apart with no really meaning. This image has inspired me to maybe go into macro photography to make people guess what the image is a little bit. Also I think the way Errico has frames this it makes it more  chaotic as it’s zoomed in and there is metal all over the frame.








All arrivals cancelled.
-Asimetrica Juniper




This image was shot when the volcanic ash would not allow the planes to land, at a Portuguese airport. again you could imagine the chaos this caused. I will try to use this implied chaos in my work as it is a more interesting method of shooting. I really like the different angle if how she didn’t just shoot from directly in front as it gives the impression that you are standing in a crowd of chaos trying to see this board, that you cannot get directly in front due to the crowd. I shall attempt to put this spin on my photography. I also really like the tonal range of blues and purples that are sweeping through here. This almost makes you think of when a new slide loads on those boards and it sweeps through the board with a new slide. I shall try to add these creative methods to make my audience think they are there when the picture was shot.






Depressed mannequin on messy tin cans
Sami Sarkis








“Cans are surrounded by world-wide international banknotes symbolizing the international finance crisis and the currencies exchange rate competition, on white background, studio shot”- This is what the image is symbolising. Although the photograph in itself is not chaotic the meaning is. Although there is some mess which could be considered chaotic. I really like the symbolism in this image and this has inspired me to be less obvious in my work. I also really like the composition in this image and the negative space in a chaotic picture to achieve that is different and takes more work. I will also try to push this aspect into my shots.





A good example of a flyer









I love the simplicity in this. I isn’t to invasive and the words have room to breathe. Just by it not being so busy it  is much more calmer which works best for an exhibition as they aren’t a hectic event. I love the use of primary colours here and the use of a really dark background but white writing as it is very clear which is an important concept for a flyer to have. The text layout is also a nice touch as it takes up less space to just writing it horizontally. I also like the paint like scribble as it is arty and goes well with the exhibition theme. Context has defiantly been considered in this flyer. I will try and incorporate this into my flyer.




Examples Of flyers





This isn’t a pleasant flyer to look at  as it’s too busy. However it is very colourful and eye catching. Yet due to the colours not being easy on the eye you don’t really want to read it. Also with a flyer being this busy you get distracted so you’re not reading it in the end.
This would have worked better is the font didn’t have that bright backgrounds to be mounted on.




For me personally there is too much writing on this flyer and it makes you not want to read it. However generally  50/50  to text and picture is a good example. Also the picture is relevant with the topic, and it has all the useful information that would be relevant. I prefer this flyer to the previous one as it is less hectic.



Evaluation of may flyer and if done again what I’d improve





I tried to keep this really simple and have text that is readable. However looking at it now I’m not too sure whether the white background was best, maybe a pastel colour would be more effective.  I also like how my “chaos on film” has a yellow background which I picked out of the lamp shade. I tried to fit all the writing in in the least possible space as then the picture has space to read and I feel the text layout has sort of worked but I feel I could play about with it more to get it perfect. I also tried to make the text, when merged like that, clearer by putting bold letters and larger capital letters for a new point. I feel this was effective. I also like the picture I have chosen and think it goes well with the chaos theme. 





No comments:

Post a Comment